|Last Updated||2020-10-03 11:48:15 - Update|
Episode #22: The Test
- Sephiroth, Dalia and Spartan are all commissioned to go to town
“X” to interview and interrogate a rumoured endowed child in
the magical arts.
- Karoolk meets with Sephiroth before he leaves to tell him that he will
be watching him very closely, as this is his first excursion from
- The three went and spoke with the child of aristocratic descent (House
of xxxxx) and learned that the rumours were greatly exaggerated.
- During their stay, Dalia is tormented by nightmares about her choice in
life <giving up her family for Sephiroth> and confesses what she did,
but justifies it to him, pleading that he understand her decision.
- The following day, the three are separated in the midday crowd, and
when Dalia and Spartan do not return that evening, Sephiroth becomes
- He is notified in a mysterious manner where he can find them, and goes
to the warehouse on the edge of town to confront the kidnappers in the
- During the confrontation, the kidnappers kill Spartan, and warn that
Dalia is next if Sephiroth does not agree to their terms. <money,
information, and service>
- Dalia has been terribly tortured; she is weak, beaten and violated in
the most vile of ways. This sickens Sephiroth and sets him into
action. He commands the shadows to stay back where they have been
lurking, and in a brilliant flash, spins and slices Dalia’s head
clean from her shoulders, leaving her captor stunned, but unhurt.
- Sephiroth had remembered what Karoolk told him and decided to show
these men of will what a will really was. They are all stunned at
what they’ve seen, and while staring at her body, Sephiroth tells
them he would rather see her dead than live another day after this betrayal
of his soul.
- He wills the Shadows to attack the men, draining their strength from
- Just as they are about to die, he uses Vampiric Touch on them to finish
them off, and uses Death Recall to mourn his beloved Dalia. To fully
understand what she saw when he killed her. Once finished, he dispels
the shadows and casts a Fire
Aura on himself. Sephiroth immolates the entire place,
detonating fireball after fireball in the warehouse until it is reduced to
ash, destroying his beloved Dalia with it.
- Sephiroth walks calmy out of the inferno, a passive and careless
look on his face as the entire quarter catches fire. Screams arise
from buildings all around him, but he pays it no mention as he purposefully
walks in and out of the fires, protected and simply enjoying the havoc he
alone has wrought. A man who has nothing is a man who loves
- Upon returning to Rauxes, Sephiroth tells Karoolk all that transpired
and Karoolk tells Sephiroth that he was not watching, and cared little for
what happened to Dalia and Spartan.
- Sephiroth is stung by this callousness, but comes to the realization
that his loss is the affirmation of his eternal damnation; mind, body and