||2018-04-04 18:25:32 - Update
Episode #77: The Dao of the Ferry
The Burning World Campaign
NPCs in this Episode:
Their names are Kenai al-Afriz and Siri al-Klemin; Faruq is fairly certain those are not their real names, but knows enough not to ask about the aliases. For these two Dao to be pushing the barge, they must have offended someone important somewhere...someone who could command their service to Golden Huzuz. They were being humbled, and it was always wiser to not poke at such wounds.
Kenai is easily the more conversational of the two, and he always talks with a sly, conspiratorial voice. He converses pleasantly with his passengers, but only imparts knowledge, gossip, or rumour after being offered a "topic fee," usually a gem of some sort (Dao being Dao, of course). After being bribed by your group (Joe, please subtract 50 gp from the group total), he offers up the following nuggets, all being prefaced with "Not that I know personally, but I heard from someone who really would know..."
- There is a warehouse somewhere that is working on an great engine of destruction. "They" are close to completing their work, but there is one item missing to make it complete. They would be most interested in someone who could acquire the item...
- There is an unusual item that has very obviously been buried along the shoreline on the university side of the al-Sarif river. I wonder what it could be...
- Law enforcement have brought in magical specialists to deal with a rash of unlawful summonings in the poorer parts of Huzuz. Perhaps a madman who is try to open a portal to the Hells themselves?
- Imam Jomhur, high priest of Hajama in Huzuz is a longtime enemy of the Grandfather of the Everlasting. There are agents of the Everlasting within Huzuz specifically to "deal with him."
- The Brotherhood of True Flame is also active in Huzuz. Several disappearances of prominent citizens can be attributed to them. They have infiltrated many levels of government and other city structures.
- Adnan al-Raqi has lost a significant number of students over the last year. I wonder what has happened to them...?
Siri says nothing, but makes a few grunts at different points in Kenai's expositions. When Kenai mentioned the infiltration of the Brotherhood though, he nodded his head visibly.