|Last Updated||2020-10-03 11:48:15 - Update|
Episode #60: Back Into the Underdark
- Leave Gwydiesin's grove with promise to return.
- Griften teleports party to the underdark (where he scried S'Thiss days earlier) and they begin to make their way deeper into the underdark.
- Come upon pool, sneak across, Griften notices ripple, fight with aboleth.
- J'afrock lowers water and gets Dominated by Aboleth, cutting deep into Griften. Ashreal crushes aboleth (as air elemental?) and Domination wears off.
- Heroes look for treasure in bottom of pool, set upon by 4 or 5 drow scouts.
- J'afrock raises water and engages drow; killing three in 1 round (cleave roxxorz).
- Ashreal summons 3 dire bears who just do nothing.
- Discover Herenkar is asleep (poisoned) and Griften teleports him back to Oytwood near Citadel for poison to wear off.
- Continue down, and dispel glyph, fight spiders then realize we're at drow outpost (current confrontation).
- Griften summons a few Constructs, with instructions to go and engage the Drow that are firing their crossbows from ledges above
- Ashreal launches a waterball up at the drow, and they are stunned by the blast
- the astral constructs get caught in the webbing that is holding aloft the massive citadel
- J'afrock meets one of the drow on a lower ledge and destroys him in a round
- As more reinforcements charge the webs that surround the tower, the heroes quickly realize that their fight would be through hundreds of Drow instead of only a few. The well-protected outpost could prove too dangerous to continue inwards to save Talen
- with a quick shout, Griften calls for J'afrock to fly down to them so they can retreat down the corrider to regain their composure.
- Exposed and vulnerable, the heroes collect back in the hallway and seal themselves off with one of Ashreal's Walls of Ice.