|Last Updated||2020-10-03 17:41:53 - Update|
|Maptool Log||Click Here|
Episode #114: In Search of Orontor
- The heroes turn their attention to the Barracks
- Morpheus rolls 20 to unlock the barred doors from outside
- Odus introduces the party, asking to speak with Ulvrain, announcing our interesting in finding Orontor
- The dark elves within surprised, come to introduce themselves
- Odus advises Zaknoril that we found Ingarl and saved his party of drow from undead assailants
- There was a slave revolt which Zaknoril was to put down, but the undead rushed at that time, attacking from everywhere
- The temple was overrun, they were hiding in the barracks, the drow losses have been significant
- Zaknoril tells the party that Orontor is in the embassy, thinking that it has not yet been taken over.
- Zaknoril directs the party to the embassy via a route that will take them away from most of the undead, but past the slaves
- Gort apparently a pit-fighter that the drow use for entertainment, he's a troll
- Ulvrain is a high priestess of Lolth, with a cadre of ultra-loyal drow that follow her.
- Zaknoril offers to the heroes that they use the Barracks as a secure location, in exchange for speaking well of him to Ulvrain. He offers also a map to navigate more easily through the city.
- Zaknoril warns of Ulvrain's henchman; the assassin Maarth who is very deadly,
- Jhaelant is a necromancer, who Zaknoril suggests may be involved in the undead overruning Phaervorul
- The heroes navigate around the slave quarters, noticing that goblins stand guard but are oblivious to their passing.
- As the heroes travel along the water, they are set upon by horrid spider-like creatures... the stuff of nightmares.
- Dispensing with them in short order, the heroes shudder at the thought of what other abominations lay in wait in this accursed outpost.
- The heroes arrive at a building of white stone. Commerce is obvious; a trading post of sorts.
- From beyond the door, Legion and Morpheus can hear loud noises, and the door has been clearly damage.
- Bursting into the room, the heroes discover a brutal scene; horrifying undead drow wander almost mindless through the room, and a tall Battlewight Commander is visible from an elevated platform above.
- The heroes dispatch them with relative ease, and in surveying the scene, Legion is able to determine that the beings have been raised via necromantic means.
- The heroes turn their attention to a sealed door on the upper level, but even after calling out, there remains no answer...